Tabular Editor 3: Beginner to Advanced
Master the most powerful tool for data modeling and DAX calculations in Power BI and Analysis Services
An outline of this training course
In this course, you will learn how to effectively use all the capabilities of the most powerful Power BI tool ever developed – Tabular Editor 3. TE3 replaces the nearly featureless native DAX editor with a state-of-the-art DAX Integrated Development Environment. Mastering the use of this tool will provide you a visual window into what your DAX measures measures are actually doing, as well as dramatically speeding your development process in a number of different ways.
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Learn - how to install and configure TE
- Write - better DAX measures quickly and visualize them with DAX queries
- Create - DAX calculations and KPIs
- Enhance - the security of your DAX reports with RLS and OLS
Optimize - your reports with the integrated Best Practices Analyzer and Vertipaq Analyzer
Automate - DAX coding and formatting with scripting
What you get with the course
- Over 3 hours of intensive training videos
- Resource pack of dataset and data model for practical application
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
- Extensive expertise in Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, SSAS, DAX, optimizing DAX, and SQL
- Author/instructor of Enterprise DNA courses on Tabular Editor 3, DAX Studio and Optimizing DAX
- Enterprise DNA Expert, known on our forum as the “go-to guy” for your toughest DAX questions
- Creator of popular AntmanBI blog and YouTube channel providing in depth info on Power BI, Excel and SQL
- Experienced in in Core Python and Python libraries for data analytics (e.g., Pandas/NumPy/Matplotlib/Seaborn etc.
- Super User on Microsoft’s Power BI community platform
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 100,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA