An outline of this training course
- Learn - how to use Power BI as an analytical engine, turning raw data into unmatched insights
- Save - mountains of time by learning how to automate analysis and reporting
- Learn - how to look at raw data and then apply Power BI and DAX to find answers
- Learn - how to find the insights that make a difference and add value to decision making
- Develop - compelling visualisations that showcase insights that will add value to business discussions and actions
- 3 hours of course video content
- 1x demo data set to practice developing Power BI reports with
- 1x advanced Power BI model & report (pbix file) showcasing all the examples used during the course
- 20 question quiz to test your knowledge and understanding of the course content
- Develop a best practice Power BI model
- Plan Power BI development before you start
- Query, transform and load data
- Create a data model
- Write DAX measures
- Develop compelling reports and visualisations
- Publish to the Power BI online service
- Create dashboards
- Use the Q&A feature
- Use other online service features
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
Sam very early on saw the immense opportunity of using Power BI to create analytical solutions. After years of developing some advanced analysis and tools in excel, he was amazed that he could re-create most of those things in about 10% of the time with Power BI.
He is the founder and CEO at Enterprise DNA, a business intelligence training & consultancy business primarily focused on driving better decision making within organisations by empowering individuals and teams to transform raw data into unmatched insights using Microsoft's Power BI suite of tools.
Sam has a strong history in Finance, previously working at ANZ, PIMCO, and Fonterra. He is also a CFA charterholder, achieving the designation in 2011.
He has a passion for building highly scalable analytical solutions within organisations, and wants to see others learn how to do the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 100,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA