An outline of this training course
Power Query Series module can also be accessed with a purchase of an Enterprise DNA Membership or Center of Excellence License.
- Learn - the key features of Power Query as a data connection tool for Excel and Power BI
- Understand - the most techniques that can be utilized for automation of task
- Learn – how to merge and shape data sources to match your data analysis requirements
- Learn – how to prepare data for further analysis in Power BI
- Master - the beginner techniques before moving onto advanced development
- Over 3 hours of video tutorials
- Over 12 short form video tutorials covering best practices and feature reviews
- An accompanying resource download for appropriate video tutorials
- Master the key features of Power Query
- Use important techniques in organizing data
- Learn how to merge/blend and consolidate data from different sources
- Create data automation practices
- Clean data for better analytics
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA, view here.
Sam very early on saw the immense opportunity of using Power BI to create analytical solutions. After years of developing some advanced analysis and tools in excel, he was amazed that he could re-create most of those things in about 10% of the time with Power BI.
He is the founder and CEO at Enterprise DNA, a business intelligence training & consultancy business primarily focused on driving better decision making within organisations by empowering individuals and teams to transform raw data into unmatched insights using Microsoft's Power BI suite of tools.
Sam has a strong history in Finance, previously working at ANZ, PIMCO, and Fonterra. He is also a CFA charterholder, achieving the designation in 2011.
He has a passion for building highly scalable analytical solutions within organisations, and wants to see others learn how to do the same.
StartTurn Calendar Type Layout Into Tabular Format In Power BI - Query Editor Tutorial (16:20)
StartHow To Convert YYWWD Code Into Date Value In Power BI - Query Editor Tutorial (6:57)
StartHow To Use M Function In Creating Extended Date Table In Power BI - Query Editor Tutorial (13:31)
StartCreating Records For Daily Values With Power Query (17:08)
StartSetting Up A Dynamic Startdate And Enddate For Power Query Date Tables - Query Editor Tutorial (11:00)
StartExtract Records From Delimited Data In Power BI (9:04)
StartCreate A Delimited List of Values in Power Query - Query Editor Tutorial (4:31)
StartAdding Parameter in Data Table M Function - Query Editor Tutorial (10:48)
StartTurning Multiple Calendar Type Layouts Into Tabular Format In Power BI - Query Editor Tutorial (20:31)
StartCreate A Perpetually Updated Practice Dataset In Power BI (19:25)
StartConvert The Date Table Function Into A Table Query in Power BI (10:43)
StartHow To Remove Duplicate Rows In Power Query Based On Conditions (11:40)
StartUnpivot Multiple Column Pairs In Power Query (6:23)
StartSorting Date Table Columns In Power BI (9:40)
StartHow To Install Practice Dataset Power BI Tool (7:15)
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 10,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA