An outline of this training course
Number of Recommended CPE credits: 6.5
Field(s) of Study: Computer Software & App
This course module is tailored to: Excel users, data analysts, reporting managers
Advanced Analytics in Power BI - is a QAS self study (Traditional) course. It can also be accessed through a purchase of an Enterprise DNA Membership or Center of Excellence License.
This course was last updated in December 2017.
- Learn - how to utilize combinations of DAX formula for advanced insights
- Understand - the analytical power of using DAX in Power BI
- Implement - a variety of DAX techniques over different data scenarios
- Learn - advanced analytical concepts and possibilities
- Learn - how to automate advanced insights
- Learn - how to use Power BI as an analytical engine
- Understand - how to structure an effective data model for your data scenario
- Predict - future outcomes before they occur by 'shocking' business variables
- Learn - how to think analytical about your own datasets
Build - technical and practical analytical solutions using Power BI
- 3 hours of course videos
- 3x demo data sets to practice DAX formula development
- 10x demo model downloads showing specific analytical techniques
- Use advanced DAX formulas inside your Power BI models
- Use combinations of analytical techniques
- Solve difficult and advanced analytical scenarios
- Unleash the analytical power you have in your hands with Power BI
- Predict outcomes and detect outliers in your data
- Dynamically drill into key aspects of information
- Design a great data model the enables advanced insights
- Layer many DAX techniques to discover the insights you need
- Develop end to end 'analytical solutions' that wow data consumers
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
Sam very early on saw the immense opportunity of using Power BI to create analytical solutions. After years of developing some advanced analysis and tools in excel, he was amazed that he could re-create most of those things in about 10% of the time with Power BI.
He is the founder and CEO at Enterprise DNA, a business intelligence training & consultancy business primarily focused on driving better decision making within organisations by empowering individuals and teams to transform raw data into unmatched insights using Microsoft's Power BI suite of tools.
Sam has a strong history in Finance, previously working at ANZ, PIMCO, and Fonterra. He is also a CFA charterholder, achieving the designation in 2011.
He has a passion for building highly scalable analytical solutions within organisations, and wants to see others learn how to do the same.
PreviewAnomaly detection (17:45)
StartCluster analysis (26:00)
StartOutlier detection (24:44)
StartCross-sell opportunities (24:13)
StartPattern recognition (27:00)
StartCustomer segmentation (21:52)
StartReview Question Feedback
StartThreshold triggers & breaches (16:05)
StartSecondary table logic (20:35)
StartPareto rule (15:06)
StartCustomer attrition (28:39)
StartDynamic ranked lists (13:28)
StartReview Question Feedback
Frequently Asked Questions
Enterprise DNA, Ltd is applying for registration with National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org.
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 10,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA