Scenario Analysis Deep Dive
Learn how to predict and optimize for results in the future, by utilizing 'what if' parameters and scenario analysis techniques
An outline of this training course
Participants of this module should have basic knowledge and understanding of how to use Power BI and DAX. It is recommended to have completed the Power BI Super Users Workshop and DAX Formula Patterns modules. No other advance preparation needed to take this course.
This course module is tailored to: Excel users, data analysts, reporting managers
Scenario Analysis Deep Dive - is a QAS self study (traditional) course. It can also be accessed through a purchase of an Enterprise DNA On-Demand or Center of Excellence License.
This course was last updated in December 2020.
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Learn - how to implement 'what if' parameters in your models
- Understand - how to analytically think about your modeling scenario
- Learn - how to integrate scenario factors into your core data model
- Implement - multiple scenario factors into one model
- Learn - how to layer scenarios one on top of each other
- Learn - advanced modeling and DAX techniques
- Apply - many different analytical techniques in Power BI in combination
- Work - through end to end scenario analysis examples
- Understand - how to design your data models with scenario analysis
- Learn - how to visualize scenario analysis outcomes and results
- Learn - how to run scenario sensitivities on your predicted results
- 3 hours of course videos
- 3x demo Power BI reports showcasing scenario analysis techniques
- Unleash the predictive analytical power sitting within Power BI
- Practically apply Power BI to forecast results into the future
- Integrate factors into your key business variables
- Shock multiple results in your data to predict results
- Design Power BI models that can cope with multiple 'what if' parameters
- Visualize scenarios effectively so consumers can understand there meaning
- Use advanced DAX formula techniques inside of Power BI
- Create end to end solutions using scenario analysis techniques
- Apply event sequencing to your Power BI models
Complete amazing analytical work in Power BI
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
Sam very early on saw the immense opportunity of using Power BI to create analytical solutions. After years of developing some advanced analysis and tools in excel, he was amazed that he could re-create most of those things in about 10% of the time with Power BI.
He is the founder and CEO at Enterprise DNA, a business intelligence training & consultancy business primarily focused on driving better decision making within organisations by empowering individuals and teams to transform raw data into unmatched insights using Microsoft's Power BI suite of tools.
Sam has a strong history in Finance, previously working at ANZ, PIMCO, and Fonterra. He is also a CFA charterholder, achieving the designation in 2011.
He has a passion for building highly scalable analytical solutions within organisations, and wants to see others learn how to do the same.
StartHow to get certified for this course?
StartWhat is scenario analysis? (4:16)
StartThinking analytically about what you want to acheive (6:19)
StartHow to implement it with 'what if' parameters (4:42)
StartHow to really predict the future with scenario analysis techniques (4:07)
StartProject numbers forward with time intelligence DAX techniques (9:49)
StartProject numbers forward using new tables of data (13:09)
StartComparing scenarios to budgets or forecasts (8:32)
StartExtending & branching out scenario analysis (8:48)
StartCombining the power of the data model with scenario analysis (5:08)
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 100,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA