An outline of this mini series module
Budgeting & Forecasting module can also be accessed with a purchase of an Enterprise DNA Membership or Center of Excellence License.
- Learn - how to setup Power BI models for budgeting & forecasting analysis
- Master - complex data model techniques especially for when running budgeting analysis
- Learn - many visualization techniques for this type of development work in Power BI
- Understand - the many nuances of creating the appropriate DAX formulas
- Learn - how to develop entire reporting solutions and models
What you get with this mini series module
- Over 3 hours of video tutorials
- Over 15 short form video tutorials covering best practice budgeting & forecasting techniques
- An accompanying resource download for each video tutorial
- Resources made available for review and to use when replicating the showcased techniques
- Master budgeting and forecasting analysis within Power BI
- Solve a variety of budgeting related data scenarios
- Work with and compare data of different granularity
- Compare trends and results through time effectively
- Create compelling visualizations that showcase deviations and outliers
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
StartAdvanced Forward Forecasting Techniques in Power BI with DAX (9:18)
StartAdvanced Forecasting Logic in Power BI with DAX (10:22)
StartBudgeting Examples in Power BI using DAX (10:21)
StartComparing Actual Results To Yearly Budgets Cumulatively in Power BI w/DAX (8:30)
StartEvaluating How You Can Make Budget - Power BI & DAX Scenarios (6:15)
StartDealing With Seasonal Budget Allocations in Power BI - Advanced DAX (10:39)
StartCreate Automatic Forecasts From Historic Data in Power BI using DAX (10:25)
StartSeparate Your Best & Worst Performers vs Budgets - Power BI & DAX (7:23)
StartCreate and Set Budgets Automatically In Power BI Using DAX (7:15)
StartShowcasing Budgets Cumulatively In Power BI - Advanced DAX Formula (10:56)
StartCreating Budgets With Seasonality Adjustments Automatically - Power BI Technique (9:26)
StartAdvanced Product Budgeting Analysis - Power BI & DAX Techniques (9:23)
StartDynamic Results vs Budgets & Last Year - Power BI Financial Reporting Techniques (9:12)
StartShow Actual Results vs Targets Only To Last Sales Date - DAX Cumulative Totals (5:54)
StartShow Difference To Forecast Up To Last Sale Date Only - DAX Technique In Power BI (7:56)
StartMonthly Budgeting Sensitivity Table Allocations - Power BI & DAX Analysis Technique (10:49)
StartBudgeting Performance Segmentation - Analytical Technique For Power BI Using DAX (11:11)
StartAllocating Detailed Monthly Budgets Or Forecasts In Power BI Using DAX (11:03)
StartGrouping Results Based On Performance vs Benchmarks - Power BI & DAX Tutorial (10:49)
StartBudgeting weighting for each different product (10:39)
StartRevenue Forecast Techniques For Project Data - Power BI Insights w/DAX (7:37)
StartThe Ultimate Budget Allocation Methodology For Power BI Analysis (11:01)
StartActuals vs Budgets - Comparison Insights w/Power BI (7:43)
Sam very early on saw the immense opportunity of using Power BI to create analytical solutions. After years of developing some advanced analysis and tools in excel, he was amazed that he could re-create most of those things in about 10% of the time with Power BI.
He is the founder and CEO at Enterprise DNA, a business intelligence training & consultancy business primarily focused on driving better decision making within organisations by empowering individuals and teams to transform raw data into unmatched insights using Microsoft's Power BI suite of tools.
Sam has a strong history in Finance, previously working at ANZ, PIMCO, and Fonterra. He is also a CFA charterholder, achieving the designation in 2011.
He has a passion for building highly scalable analytical solutions within organisations, and wants to see others learn how to do the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 10,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA