The Analytic Mind Podcast
The Analytic Mind podcast provides an opportunity to learn from a diverse range of global data leaders.
An outline of this training course
This module is a collection of relevant and insightful first-hand information shared by data leaders in an interview for The Analytic Mind, a podcast created to empower business owners in making better decisions. We created this module to emphasize the importance of building data culture within your organization and to provide information on data-related topics like processes and challenges of data analytics implementation, Power BI deployment and business intelligence training.
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Learn - the importance of data culture within an organization
- Discover - the data analytics background of every data leader
- Understand - the role of a data leader in the implementation of data analytics
- Learn - the practices and techniques of some organizations in building a successful data culture
- Learn - how Power BI has improved data analytics and reporting
- Learn - how analytics can help you run your business better
- interview videos with data leaders
- first-hand information from business owners
- Build your data analytics portfolio
- Create a successful data culture within your organization
- Implement best practices and techniques in data analytics implementation
- Use relevant business advice from data leaders
- Understand the importance of analytics in growing your business
- Become an empowered leader that makes better business decisions
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
Sam very early on saw the immense opportunity of using Power BI to create analytical solutions. After years of developing some advanced analysis and tools in excel, he was amazed that he could re-create most of those things in about 10% of the time with Power BI.
He is the founder and CEO at Enterprise DNA, a business intelligence training & consultancy business primarily focused on driving better decision making within organisations by empowering individuals and teams to transform raw data into unmatched insights using Microsoft's Power BI suite of tools.
Sam has a strong history in Finance, previously working at ANZ, PIMCO, and Fonterra. He is also a CFA charterholder, achieving the designation in 2011.
He has a passion for building highly scalable analytical solutions within organisations, and wants to see others learn how to do the same.
StartCreating a Data Culture Using Power BI with Brian Julius (64:51)
StartImagine the Possibilities of Data Products with Power BI (46:56)
StartThe Rise of Self-Service Business Intelligence with Alex Moy (51:56)
StartThe Role Of Geospatial Data In Logistics With Paul Lucassen (45:08)
StartHow Data Literacy Is Changing The Way People Work With Jamie Beason (58:27)
StartHow Data Analytics Make Companies More Resilient By Shiv Misra (60:26)
StartUnique Data Insights In The Healthcare Space With Anuj Kapoor (61:36)
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 10,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA