R for Power BI Users II
Enhance your Power BI reports and analysis with R's visualization, text analysis and statistical modeling capabilities.
An outline of this training course
There are two main ways that the R language can create a huge impact on your Power BI reports — through statistical analysis and through data visualizations. Because it is open source, you can gain access to over 20,000 custom analyses and visualization options that are not available through Power BI alone.
R for Power BI Users II is a natural progression from the first course. We'll use many of the same packages such as ggplot2 for data visualization and tidymodels for statistical modeling. This course also includes new topics such as how to work with large datasets or text data which can prove particularly useful for Power BI development.
What are needed to take this course
If you have no previous R experience, we highly suggest taking the R for Power BI Users I course. If you've worked with R before, it's a good idea to be familiar with the basics of descriptive and inferential statistics.
Who is the course for
If you are an analyst, researcher, product manager or a professional looking to enhance your reports with features difficult or impossible to do in base Power BI, this course can help upscale your report.
- Create - additional visualizations with ggplot2
- Process - large datasets using best practices to improve R-Power BI performance
- Identify - strings using text pattern matching and regular expressions
- Build - a regression model
- Do - predictive modeling in Power BI report
- More than 3 hours of self-paced video training
- Resource pack
R for Power BI Users II - can be accessed through a purchase of an Enterprise DNA Membership
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
- Over ten years of analytics experience ranging from retail to healthcare.
- Author of the O'Reilly book Advancing into Analytics: From Excel to Python and R
- Manages a popular data analytics blog at [Stringfest Analytics](http://stringfestanalytics.com/blog/)
- Focuses on statistical programming and general analytics literacy
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 100,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA