Mastering Report Development - Start to Finish
A detailed step-by-step process of creating high-quality Power BI reports that satisfy the requirements of real-world scenarios
An outline of this training course
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Follow - a step-by-step process on how to create a high-quality Challenge Entry that can be applied to any reporting task
- Improve - the aesthetics and performance of your reports by creating backgrounds for your Challenge Entry using PowerPoint
- Set up - an efficient Power BI Data Model that will support advanced analysis
- Organize - measures into subfolders
- Develop - an intuitive user navigation experience using icons, buttons and bookmarks
- Effectively incorporate - recently added features into your report - Zoom Sliders, Anomaly Detection & Smart Narratives
- Create - advanced DAX measures using variables proficiently
- 2 1/2 hours of course videos
- 1x demo data sets to practice DAX formula development
- Create customized background for your report
- Set up your Power BI data model effectively
- Organize measures into subfolders
- Create navigation tools using icons and bookmarks
- Use Zoom Sliders, Anomaly Detection and Smart Narrative
- Create DAX measures using variables
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
- Over 2 and a half years experience in Power BI.
- Have provided Power BI solutions to over 2 dozen Companies in the Restoration Industry over the past year and a half throughout the U.S. & Canada.
- Developed in depth solutions for Job Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable & Financials.
- Power BI expertise in Data Modeling, DAX, Power Query Editing & Conditional Formatting.
StartColor Themes, Company Logo Creations, White Icons And Powerpoint Background (22:14)
StartImport Of Data, Transforming Data And Setup Of Relationships (19:48)
StartOrganizing DAX Measures Into Subfolders And Development Of Defects And Downtime Analyses (17:19)
StartComparative Performance Measures, Basic Ranking Analyses and Zoom Sliders (24:33)
StartAdvanced Ranking Analyses (14:45)
StartAnomaly Detection & Smart Narrative Functionality (26:08)
StartPulling It All Together: Displaying Effective Summary Results (35:07)
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 100,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA