An outline of this training course
- Learn - what DAX is and why you need to learn it when using Power BI
- Learn - the basics of DAX calculations
- Understand - formula syntax, writing comments & variables
- Review - how the data model and DAX calculations work together
- Learn - what the most important concept of DAX is - CONTEXT
- Understand - what the CALCULATE statement does
- Learn - what table functions are and when to use them
- Review - time intelligence functions
- Understand - how important learning DAX well is when using Power BI
- 2 hours of course videos
- Demo data set to practice DAX formula with
- Power BI file (pbix file) resource showcasing all the examples used during the course
- 15 questions quiz to test your knowledge and understanding of the course content
- Use DAX formula with Power BI
- When and where to use DAX functions
- Utilise some of the great features built into the DAX formula bar
- Use the data model in combination with DAX formula
- Understand the concept of CONTEXT
- Use the CALCULATE statement
- Create filters using table functions
- Incorporate time intelligence functions in your analysis
- Become a DAX master by combining patterns of DAX formula
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
Sam very early on saw the immense opportunity of using Power BI to create analytical solutions. After years of developing some advanced analysis and tools in excel, he was amazed that he could re-create most of those things in about 10% of the time with Power BI.
He is the founder and CEO at Enterprise DNA, a business intelligence training & consultancy business primarily focused on driving better decision making within organisations by empowering individuals and teams to transform raw data into unmatched insights using Microsoft's Power BI suite of tools.
Sam has a strong history in Finance, previously working at ANZ, PIMCO, and Fonterra. He is also a CFA charterholder, achieving the designation in 2011.
He has a passion for building highly scalable analytical solutions within organisations, and wants to see others learn how to do the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 10,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA