Solving Analytical Scenarios w/Power & DAX
Advanced course using Power BI & DAX to solve complex but common business problems and scenarios you'll face everyday
An outline of this training course
Solving Analytical Scenarios course can also be accessed through a purchase of an Enterprise DNA Membership
- Learn - how to use DAX in Power BI to solve common analytical problems
- Use - DAX formula to bring compelling analytical works to life
- Learn - advanced DAX measure branching techniques
- Understand - what true analytical power you have when combining multiple techniques
- Learn - how to look at raw data and then build up your DAX formula to get the answers that you need
- 5 hours of course videos
- 5x demo data sets to practice DAX formula throughout all course examples
- 20x Power BI file (pbix file) downloads showcasing all the examples used during the course
- Percent of Total
- Moving Averages
- Statistical Analysis
- Cumulative totals
- Time Intelligence
- Static Grouping
- Dynamic Grouping
- Events in Progress
- Parameter tables
- Scenario & What if analysis
- Attrition analysis
- Market basket analysis
- Customer insights & behaviours
- Many to many relationships
- Related unique counts
- Examples of combining various techniques
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
Sam very early on saw the immense opportunity of using Power BI to create analytical solutions. After years of developing some advanced analysis and tools in excel, he was amazed that he could re-create most of those things in about 10% of the time with Power BI.
He is the founder and CEO at Enterprise DNA, a business intelligence training & consultancy business primarily focused on driving better decision making within organisations by empowering individuals and teams to transform raw data into unmatched insights using Microsoft's Power BI suite of tools.
Sam has a strong history in Finance, previously working at ANZ, PIMCO, and Fonterra. He is also a CFA charterholder, achieving the designation in 2011.
He has a passion for building highly scalable analytical solutions within organisations, and wants to see others learn how to do the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 10,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA