Best Practices & Feature Reviews
Master best practices and beginner tips for Power BI. Review key features and functionality for high quality reporting
An outline of this mini series module
Best Practices & Feature Reviews module can also be accessed with a purchase of an Enterprise DNA Membership
- Learn - the key 'must-know' best practices when starting with Power BI
- Understand - the most important areas of Power BI Desktop
- Learn - how to optimize models, using all parts of Power BI in combination
- Review - the unique features that make Power BI so great for data analysis
- Learn - best practices when writing beginner to advanced formulas
- Master - the beginner techniques before moving onto advanced development
What you get with this mini series module
- Over 3 hours of video tutorials
- Over 12 short form video tutorials covering best practices and feature reviews
- An accompanying resource download for appropriate video tutorials
- Resources made available for review and to use when replicating the showcased techniques
- Master the basics and get your models setup for advanced analytical work
- Use key functionality within Power BI Desktop
- Implement the right features at the correct times when building reports
- Use Power BI as an advanced analytics and visualization tool
- Utilize all areas and functionality within Power BI
For a list of all courses available through Enterprise DNA view here
StartHow To Create A Detailed Date Table in Power BI Fast (4:31)
StartReview Of The New Power BI Feature - Quick Measures (9:05)
StartHow To Use Variables in DAX Formula with Power BI (7:21)
StartScale Your Power BI Reporting with Row Level Security (8:26)
StartHow to Create Virtual Groups & New Dimensions Fast in Power BI (6:00)
Start3 Best Practice Tips For Organizing Your Power BI Models (9:01)
StartQuery Parameter Example in Power BI - Query Editor Tutorial (6:06)
Start'What If' Parameter Feature Review - Power BI & DAX (6:26)
StartReviewing The Huge Potential Of The Q&A Feature In Power BI (9:35)
StartBest Practice Tips For Using The Advanced Editor - Power BI (7:47)
StartWhat Is Measure Branching - Power BI Development Strategy (9:53)
StartHow To Use Natural Language Query (Q&A) In Power BI - Detailed Review (13:51)
StartWhy Measure Groups In Power BI Are So Important (7:27)
Sam very early on saw the immense opportunity of using Power BI to create analytical solutions. After years of developing some advanced analysis and tools in excel, he was amazed that he could re-create most of those things in about 10% of the time with Power BI.
He is the founder and CEO at Enterprise DNA, a business intelligence training & consultancy business primarily focused on driving better decision making within organisations by empowering individuals and teams to transform raw data into unmatched insights using Microsoft's Power BI suite of tools.
Sam has a strong history in Finance, previously working at ANZ, PIMCO, and Fonterra. He is also a CFA charterholder, achieving the designation in 2011.
He has a passion for building highly scalable analytical solutions within organisations, and wants to see others learn how to do the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passionate about empowering users of Power BI
"My goal is to teach others that you have almost unlimited analytical power when harnessing all the features in Power BI.
Through training across a number of different mediums, I've reached over 10,000 Power BI users, showing them a range of tips and tricks in Power BI development.
I'm a true believer that Power BI is the future of analysis and know individuals with the right training can now create advanced analytics in a scalable way that can have a real impact in the way insights are found and consumed within organisations."
Sam McKay, CFA - Founder & CEO, Enterprise DNA